Video Encoder Selection Guide
Mantis Live Encoder
Spider Switcher & Encoder
Spider is “video production in a box.” This compact appliance combines audio/video switching and processing with ten definition H264 streaming encoders. It is ideal for lecture/classroom capture as well as live webcasts.
Scorpion IPTV Encoder
The Scorpion live IPTV encoder system is a dedicated multichannel streaming appliance for your 24/7 channel. Available as single channel appliance or rack mount unit. If you are looking for a low cost, high quality HD encoder, Scorpion is a great choice.
Rover Streaming Station
The Rover is a powerful laptop used as a dedicated encoding system. Stream and record live camera audio/video, and create full motion desktop content from virtually any source.
Video Encoder Comparison
|SPECS||Streamsie PC/Mac||Streamsie iOS||OBS Plugin PC/Mac||Mantis||Spider||Scorpion||Rover|
|Applications||Produce live events, seminars, lectures, meetings||Produce live events, seminars, lectures, meetings||Mobile streaming recording||Event Broadcasting||Produce live events, seminars, lectures, meetings||Produce live events, seminars, lectures, meetings||Produce live events, seminars, lectures, meetings|
|Live Streaming & Recording||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||Live Streaming Only||YES|
|Stream Duration||Event Based||Event Based||Event Based||Events or 24/7 Continuous||Events or 24/7 Continuous||Events or 24/7 Continuous||Event Based|
|Output Streams||1||1||1||1||4 plus Program||1, 4 or 8||1|
|Rate per Channel||1||1||1||2 rates/channel||2 rates/channel||2 rates/channel||1|
|Schedule/ Remote Control||YES||YES||NO||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|IPTV & TV Distribution||NO||NO||NO||YES||YES||YES||NO|
|Type||Software||Software||Software||Hardware Appliance||Hardware Appliance||
19” Rack Unit or Small Appliance
|Learn More||Streamsie PC/Mac||Streamsie iOS||OBS Plugin PC/Mac||Mantis||Spider||Scorpion||Rover|
- Use the Scorpion IPTV encoders for TV Distribution and similar uses. Recording of the live stream is supported by the DEVOS, DVExpress, Stinger, and similar DiscoverVideo systems.
- Streamsie PC, Streamsie Mac, Streamsie iOS, and OBS Plugin for PC and Mac may be freely downloaded and used, however each may require a streaming account. Accounts for DiscoverVideo servers (e.g. DEVOS) may be purchased at any time. Streamsie and OBS may be remotely controlled and scheduled from DEVOS.
- Spider is ideal for Lecture Capture and for multiple video source (e.g. camera, PC screens, etc.) production. Spider supports four inputs and each input has its own independent stream, plus Spider supports a combined (PiP) or switched output stream.
- Mantis is perfect for simple live and/or recording of events, announcements, lectures, or where a multiple video source production switcher is already employed. Mantis may be remotely controlled and scheduled from DEVOS.
- Most 3rd party live streaming encoders may be used with DEVOS and Arcus if they support H264/AAC-LC and rtmp or rtsp.
- “Netcams” may be used with DEVOS using rtsp pull. Arcus does not currently support pulling audio/video via rtsp.
- Spider supports rtsp input stream from most 3rd party NetCams or other sources.
- Use the lowest bit rate, resolution, and frame rate that produces an acceptable result to avoid wasting bandwidth.
NOTE: All specifications subject to change without notice. Please contact Discover Video for latest information.