A Lecture Capture System That Lets Teachers Focus on Teaching
How DiscoverVideo Lecture Capture Works
- AUTOMATE RECORDING – Schedule recordings to start at a specified time with pre-set A/V settings.
- STREAM WITH NO FUSS – Once the lecture has begun, students can view and interact with a synchronized presentation. It is immediately available on-demand – no waiting for the server to process the video.
- ENGAGE STUDENTS – Just like they were in the classroom, instructors can interact with online students in real time with live chat, polling, and Q&A.
- ADD CLOSED CAPTIONING – Searchable, AI-generated closed captioning is added with a single click.
- OFFER VIEWING OPTIONS – Students can view live and on-demand presentations anywhere, on any platform using their campus authentication and an internet connection. They can also download lectures as podcasts to listen without an internet connection.
- MONITOR STUDENT ENGAGEMENT – After the lecture, instructors can see who has viewed the recording live and on-demand.
- WIDEN YOUR REACH – Deliver the video presentation to remote campuses with multiple viewers with a StreamPump appliance and replicate your stream, without using additional internet bandwidth.
What You Need to Turn the Classroom Into a Studio
You’re not going to believe the ease, simplicity, and cost effectiveness of our lecture capture system.
#1 – ENCODE YOUR LIVE VIDEO
We recommend the Spider encoder, a.k.a. Video Production in a Box.
The Spider video encoder is a compact appliance that combines multiple high definition H264 streaming encoders with audio/video switching and processing.
- 4 Independent Streams + Recording
- Built-in Switching & PiP
- Automatic Upload
- Program Stream + Record
- Picture-in-picture effects, audio mixing, and more
#2 – SERVE AND STORE YOUR VIDEO
DEVOS (Digital Enterprise Video Online System) is an end-to-end video management platform. Stream, capture, manage, and deliver with one system.
The DEVOS content management systemserves as a central storage and management hub for all captured video content.
Many competitors offer video solutions that are exclusively cloud-based, and can be cost prohibitive. You have a choice of several different configurations, all at a much lower price point.
- On-premises: Install software on your own server or the DEVOS Rack Server-16, which supports over 2,000 simultaneous video viewers. Install a single server or one per department
- Cloud: Fully hosted, expandable storage
- Hybrid: On premises and cloud
- StreamPump: An intelligent replication and caching server that optimizes video delivery
THE DEVOS DIFFERENCE
ONE STOP SHOPPING – ONE USER INTERFACE
- DEVOS is an all-in-one video ecosystem, with all the hosting, encoders, and other hardware you need. Stream, capture, manage, and deliver, all within a single user-friendly web portal.
STREAMLINED SERVICE & SUPPORT
- When all aspects of your lecture capture system are compatible, installing and managing your system is simplified and stress-free.
GUARANTEED 3RD PARTY INTEGRATION
- All our products “play nice with others,” easily integrating with 3rd party networks and components.
TRULY ECONOMICAL PRICING
- Lecture capture pricing is based on the purchase of a video encoder and the DEVOS streaming/recording system (able to service up to 100 classrooms).
- Choose a one-time cost of on-premises hardware, or DEVOS software with a bandwidth “allowance” to the cloud server. Either way, you only pay for what you use, regardless of the number of users.
- Pricing Example
An on-prem DEVOS server with ten classrooms equipped with a multi-channel encoder, would average out to less than $2000 per lecture hall per year, over a 5-year period. The cloud solution with typical bandwidth usage and a monthly subscription is about the same.
Massasoit Community College Loves DEVOS for Campus TV Channel
Ed Krasnow, Director of TV and Radio at Massasoit Community College in Brockton, MA recommends DiscoverVideo’s DEVOS system for “anyone looking for a streaming system that is powerful, affordable, and expandable.”