Live Stream & VoD Bandwidth
Check your bitrate at SpeedTest.Net | Stereo audio will require 2X the audio bandwidth as monoFine tune your rate, if desired. Kbps
Leave unchanged if you're not sure
How many viewers will you have?
Average minutes of viewing?
TOTAL VIEWING MINUTES
TOTAL BANDWIDTH REQUIREDGB MB KB
File Recording Size & Storage
How long will you record?
Approximate Storage NeededGB MB KB
How Discover Video Calculates Streaming & File Storage
- Discover Video uses 10242 for a MB rather than 1000 to be more consistent with file systems. For example, the Windows system uses 1,048,576 (10242) bytes per MB.
- Actual file size may vary depending on the amount of motion and the compression used. It is unlikely to be larger than the calculated value.
- For multicast, the total streaming bandwidth is always equal to the streaming rate, regardless of the number of viewers.
- Internet Streaming Bandwidth is only used when there is one or more viewers. No bandwidth is used when there are no viewers except for the encoder sending the stream.
- Bandwidth use is the same whether the viewer is consuming a live video stream or a file-based video stream, although a file may use more due to client-side buffering/caching.
- VoD files are cached on SignStick, so there is minimum bandwidth used.
Use DEVOS to Serve Your Live Stream and VoD Recordings
Need some streaming video expertise?
Give us a call, request more information or schedule an appointment.