Automatic, Real-time & Searchable
Closed captioning can be automatically added during any live event or when a video is uploaded.
- Real-time captioning is perfect for a live stream being broadcast to the public internet and television simultaneously.
- Turn automatic closed captioning on increase engagement and understanding. Perfect for graduation ceremonies, government meetings and CEO webinars.
- Any videos on the DEVOS server with captions are searchable. Anyone with access to the DEVOS server can search the library for specific keywords and phrases.
- Closed captioning is a great step towards ADA Compliance, allowing the hearing impaired to view and understand your videos.
Closed captioning benefits more than the hearing impaired.
According to the 2020 US Census, about 8% of the population speaks English “less than very well.”
Numerous studies have also shown that captioning in native languages improves viewer comprehension and engagement. Subtitles also help with acquiring and understanding new languages.
Closed captioning enhances viewing in both noisy and quiet environments.
Uploaded Video Text Tracks of (VTT files) in English, Spanish, French, German, or Arabic are available to the viewer in playback.
Three Ways To Add Closed Captioning
Discover Video offers three different ways to add captions to video content.
- Upload a .vtt file to the video in DEVOS
- Use the Discover Video automated captioning services.
- Enlist professional human captioning services through our partner, Cielo24.
Need some streaming video expertise?
Drop a line to request more information or schedule an appointment.